What is Promised Land?
Bringing together professionals working in film, gaming, and other creative industries, Promised Land is a place for the exchange of knowledge and experience, for networking, and crossing the divide between the digital and the traditional arts.
The event plays host to more than a hundred activities ranging from hands-on workshops, talks and demos, to Q&A and networking sessions. During last year’s edition, Promised Land welcomed nearly 500 participants and, among other, played host to:
- 50 hours of lectures, discussion panels, and Meet the Artist sessions;
- 30 hours of workshops and masterclasses in digital art using cutting-edge creative software;
- 12 hours of sculpting workshops with world-renowned sculptors;
- 18 hours of live drawing sessions with professional models.
Leading and collaborating in the festival’s activities are speakers from some of the most recognizable names in games, films, and lifestyle such as Guerrilla Games, Platige Image, Blizzard Entertainment, Industrial Light & Magic, Sean Daniel Company, Ubisoft, Converse, and CD PROJEKT RED.
Organising the festival, in cooperation with the city of Łódź, Poland, and EC1 Łódź – City of Culture is a studio at the heart of the Polish video game industry: CD PROJEKT RED — creators of The Witcher series of games.
Meet the team
- Paweł MielniczukFestival Directorpawel@promisedland-artfestival.com
- Marek MadejCreative Directormarek@promisedland-artfestival.com
- Sebastian KalembaProgram Directorsebastian@promisedland-artfestival.com
- Justyna RzędzickaHospitality Coordinatorjustyna@promisedland-artfestival.com
- Anna TersaEvent Manageranna@promisedland-artfestival.com
- Radek GrabowskiPublic Relations Managerradek@promisedland-artfestival.com